Use of Differential Back-up possible for CRM 2011 to CRM 2016 Migration

Can a SQL Server differential back-up independently go through the upgrade/migration process? The idea is to take a snapshot/full backup through the upgrade process (very time consuming for a large database) and then minimize business down time by running a differential backup through the same process then back-up and restore the upgraded 2016 differential database to the "full" back up database. The differential "upgrade" would be a small amount of data, take a short amount of time and minimize time between system cut-over

Hello,
    I don't think so. you need to migrate with the full database because when we are going to migrate so of the upgradations are required.
    Hope you can understand what I mean!

Hi William,
    I am not sure what your upgrade plan is, but in order to upgrade from 2011 to 2016, you will need to go through upgrade to 2013/2013 SP1, 2015 and then 2016.
    When upgrading CRM 2011 to 2013, one of the things that Microsoft does is merge tables in the CRM database. In CRM 2011 and previous versions, data was stored in two tables for each entity. It has been reported that an upgrade from CRM 2011 to 2013 can fail when the table merging occurs if some of the data in the tables is unexpected.

Saying that, what is your plan. Are you planning to use SSIS to transfer the data, or just backup/restore from one environment to the next to the next...
    Take a look at the following TN article regarding upgrading from Dynamics 2011/2013 to Dynamics 2016.
    technet.microsoft.com/.../hh699673(v=crm.8).aspx
    Hope this helps.

No, that won't work.