First time attempting a mobile app.. need guidance!

Hello everyone. It's my first time attempting to build a mobile app, but I'm going to school for computer science so I'm familiar with programming. I'm not too confident in my approach to this personal project, so I'd appreciate some guidance or insight!

High level idea of the app: A user logs in to sign up/subscribe for topics that they are interested in, such as: business, technology, fitness, etc. After they select the topic, they select a time that they'd like to receive information/news regarding the topic.

The core functionalities that I have identified:
    -Cross-platform for Android and IOS .
    -A login system .
    -A database that stores the user, selected topic and selected time .
    -A push notification with a deep link to the app that displays information regarding the topic

Some questions that I have:
    1) I have experience in C++, Java, and a little experience in JS, HTML, CSS. I am completely unfamiliar with C#, HTML5, React Native, etc. Should I be using a cross platform dev tool such as Xamarin or PhoneGap? If so, does one have a easier learning curve for the app outlined above?

2) Should I be using my own server/database to store user information? Or should I use Firebase? AWS? I was leaning towards AWS because of their analytics options? But AWS has so much documentation and functions/features, it's a little intimidating.

3) From my research it seems that a push notification needs to be sent through a push notification server, and you can't send push notifications at a future time? Does this mean I would need a separate server that is constantly running and checking the database for a users selected time and then have the server communicate with the push notification server when it is time?

4) Imagine the custom made article/news with some format like: Topic X Block of text/information and there would need to be some graphic background, some pictures and styled fonts. What file format would these be? Does there need to be another separate server that holds and serves all these files? How would the mobile app retrieve the topic file and display it via deep linked push notification?

I don't know if I'm thinking in the right direction. Would definitely appreciate the help!

The core functionalities that I have identified:
    -Cross-platform for Android and IOS .
    -A login system .
    -A database that stores the user, selected topic and selected time .
    -A push notification with a deep link to the app that displays information regarding the topic

Some questions that I have:
    1) I have experience in C++, Java, and a little experience in JS, HTML, CSS. I am completely unfamiliar with C#, HTML5, React Native, etc. Should I be using a cross platform dev tool such as Xamarin or PhoneGap? If so, does one have a easier learning curve for the app outlined above?

2) Should I be using my own server/database to store user information? Or should I use Firebase? AWS? I was leaning towards AWS because of their analytics options? But AWS has so much documentation and functions/features, it's a little intimidating.

3) From my research it seems that a push notification needs to be sent through a push notification server, and you can't send push notifications at a future time? Does this mean I would need a separate server that is constantly running and checking the database for a users selected time and then have the server communicate with the push notification server when it is time?

4) Imagine the custom made article/news with some format like: Topic X Block of text/information and there would need to be some graphic background, some pictures and styled fonts. What file format would these be? Does there need to be another separate server that holds and serves all these files? How would the mobile app retrieve the topic file and display it via deep linked push notification