How to restrict a record to a specific team

have an Entity name category1, that category1 is a lookup entity on my phonecall entity.
    My user needs to choose from the lookup field a category to catalogue the phonecall.
    I need that a specific record (from category1) will be available only to a specific team and only that specific team will be able to choose that category from the lookup field.

When I created the category record I set the owner as a specific team and I added the same team to my user, but user that don't have the team are able to choose that category.. what am I missing ?

Hi Sahara,
    You can choose field level Security for this, as you want that field to be access by only 1 team so give right to that team only using Field level security.
    below is the link how can you set field security on a field : www.powerobjects.com/.../enhanced-field-level-security-features-for-crm-2015
    Mark my answer as verified if its help you!
    Thanks,
    Shahbaaz

Hi sahara,
    Did you set the security role for your category entity? If all users have full access for category entity then it will be visible to all.
    Change the security permission for the entity to user level and see if it works.
    Hope it helps.

Hi Shahbazz
    I read the link but it looks as restrict on field but I need to restrict a record in a lookup field and not the field itself does it help in this case?