Usage of Windows 8/8.1 Metro Apps'

Please tell me how this is supposed to work. I am at the Metro start screen and I click on the weather app to check out the weather. Now I'm done checking the weather and I want to close this and be back at the start screen so I can use some other app. There's nothing to click to close this weather app. (I know that I can drag the window from the top to close it, or close it from the left side app list, but 95% of people don't know these tricks.) So how did MS intend for people to close this app and get back to start? Why do I have to think so hard about something that should be so simple?

I used alt f4, its been around awhile now and most ppl i think know about it.

Did you try tapping the winkey on your keyboard?

You're overthinking it. MS designed it to be simple. You long push the power button on the machine, then reboot to use a different app. Program buttons are too confusing.

You're kidding right? People are mesmerized when I use Alt x/c/v, but you think "most" people know to use Alt F4 to close a window, when every other version of windows offered an X in the corner? I doubt it.