Idea Help for my Company Contest

I am not sure if anyone can help, but the company I work for (Architecure Firm) is having a contest. The winner get a 32" LCD HDTV. We have to suggest ideas on how to save the company money or better improve the business. The best suggestion gets the TV. Any ideas? I could really use this TV. Thanks everyone!

Being a cost accountant, there is no way I can tell your firm how it should go about cutting cost and saving money, without first thoroughly learning everything I can about them. After more the twenty years I have learned no two businesses are the same and each cost cutting effort sends you in new directions.

Look around, try and find activities that are being done that do not result in added revenue, then try to figure out how to eliminate them or reduce them. That was the way we always found the est cost savings.

Engineers, Architechts, Designers, have many similarities-they sometimes overcomplicate things. Having worked in the construction field I often am able to solve "easy" problems much to the astonishment of these "professionals". After my last outing...we solved 3 of the 4 problems that this firm had with a shovel and 15 mins of work. They claimed to have spent over 10k dollars in "consulting" and were unsuccessful. These professions ,I have noticed, will argue over artistic coffee cups and must have 100 dollar per foot carpet and must have the newest stainless steel ice maker that meets the "lines" of the room. They are GREAT at being employees but make horrible business owners. I have seen my cousin/friend demand 500 dollar stainless steel business cards but fail to make his phone bill?!?! Lets get back to the basics: to make money you must sell something i.e., billible hours, service, plans, change orders, time, etc. You must "sell" more. How? First you must add value to your product. This can mean doing the job right the first time. I advise that you look at marketing and procede with the following: Up charge everywhere you can, cut employee expenses and increase customer expenses, have everyone call 2 new contacts per day, revisit old clients, start sending weekly newsletters to stay in contact with your customers, and for goodness sake...go to these jobs and learn from everyone there! Hope this helps!

mac, it would help if there were more details about the company to figure out how to save money or improve the business. it's a bit vague. good suggestions by these guys though.

WAIT! It is a trap MAC! What brand is the T.V. BTW?