Social Engineering someones phone number

hey i was wondering if anyone knew any goot techniques for SEing a phone number from someone else without them knowing i am the one trying to get the info.
    Stuff i know:
    Trying to get it from their friend
    whitepages.com search for last name
    my friend doing the se for me with me pulling strings

but any other ideas? im open for all suggestions that have worked 4 u
    thanks

Direct approach : get a nice girl pretend to do some sort of a survey for ... just about anything, if the girl looks nice In the end she will ask for his phone number (some employers do a random check to see if the survey is accurate).

Well yes a good looking girl could get you a phone number from a guy - especially a (not so good looking guy) ...

but just in case you were after a phone number of a girl ... Duh ... then you may need some rethinking on your approach to social engineering !

once signed up for a March for Life campaign (which was legit). There was a girl whose number I wanted, so I used the campaign to ask her to contribute. The sign-up sheet required that she give her whole name and phone number.

nice idea with the survey... the thought of using a one of my friends thats a girl did come across my mind but the survey will be very good... hmm thanks man

and it is a boy so no problems there lol now all i need is my friend to cooperate....